Monday, April 4, 2011

VERMONT...

Hey everyone! So I ventured up to Killington, Vermont for the weekend. I stopped by my boyfriend’s Chris’ friend Scott’s house in Hawthorne, NJ first to pack up my car; we left there around 7 pm on Friday.  Except for the accident and detour on the New York thruway, the trip was not very bad. Just being crapped in the back of my own car sucked but we made it there safe and sound. We got to my friends winter rental around 1230 pm, all of his roommates were still up playing card games and discussing their strategy to attack the mountain the next day.  We all went to bed shortly after and woke up at 8 am, we all have different rituals. I lay in bed till the very last minute I can, while the other guys in the house get up turn up loud music and jug coffee. But I am not a coffee or a loud music person, especially not that early in the morning. We got to the mountain and basically separated, most of the guys there go in the park all day to do tricks and make their own videos. Chris stayed with me, I am not the best snowboarder and Chris just got cleared from his doctor for his broken arm; so he needed to take it easy. I did fine all day and only fell a few times, except on the last run I actual fell off the lift while unloading. It was pretty  icy and somehow I caught and edge and slide into Chris taking us both out and my right arm bent back. It hurt pretty badly, but I shook it off and rode down the mountain. We got back to the cabin and I iced it for the night and went to bed. We all woke up again Sunday morning and headed to the mountain. My arm was pretty sore so I took it easy and only rode blues and greens for the day.  We drove back to New Jersey at 4 pm and got home at midnight. But it was an amazing weekend filled with blue skies and occasional snow showers. I suggest everyone try snowboarding or skiing at least once in their life. Or to go to a mountain and just take a gondola up to the peak to see the amazing views.

No comments:

Post a Comment