Sunday, April 24, 2011

Brooklyn...

Hello everyone…Sorry for the delay in posts it has been a crazy few weeks. As you know this rain and thunderstorms have not let up the slightest. On April 15th I was lucky enough to have a nice night to go to Brooklyn, New York. A few friends and I drove up there for our friend Elyse’s’ 26th birthday. It was not a bad drive up there about an hour and a half and barely any traffic. There is also free street parking all around Brooklyn, which is nice; I hate paying for a parking garage in the city. We walked around for a bit and checked out the stores and bars around the area.  We were taking her to Brooklyn Bowl for the majority of the night to see a band. Brooklyn Bowl is a restaurant/ Bowling alley/ Venue; it was very busy there but not too crowded. There was a band called Ryan Montblu playing, it is a mix of blue grass, country and rock. I honestly could not tell when one song ended and the next began. I would highly suggest everyone checking him out. There is a song that he whistles through for a whole minute at some points while playing the guitar. I honestly think I would pass out if I whistled that long. The food there is also good; we just order a few appetizers to save time. There wings are amazing; I never tasted a sauce like that. We left at midnight, and almost ran out of gas. GPS does not work very well in the city when you are looking for gas, sadly. But my friend had a good time for her birthday and that is what is most important. Hope everyone had a good weekend. And please get out and see Brooklyn; they are really cleaning it up and have interesting spots to visit. It is almost like Asbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment