Thursday, March 24, 2011

indoor or outdoor running?

So I really wanted to run the Tough Mudder in Pennsylvania this month but with my surgery and everything that came along with it, I haven't been able to train like how I wanted and needed to. I've been running around my block but I end up giving up when I pass my house or a street leading to my house. Some people are better outdoor runners, but I happen to be a better indoor runner. I need something in front of me to keep my mind off of my body aching and push through till I get a second wind. So I went to my friend Leah's gym, LA Fitness, today after I had class. It was okay they have good machines but for 30 dollars a month I might as well run outside, or buy my own treadmill for when I am home. I am kind of against gyms also, which is why this is tricky. I don't believe in staying indoors, I would rather be outside if I can. But the weather has been so off also and I need to train so I need to also bite the bullet and do whichever is going to get me to the point where I can run the Tough Mudder, or the next one for that matter. I am going to go to LA fit for the next two weeks, thanks mostly to their free two week offer, and continue to run outdoors also. I will track my miles and then I will decide which gets me run more and that will be what makes up my mind about indoor or outdoor running. Hopefully I will be able to compete in the next Tough Mudder, or other marathon I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment