Monday, March 14, 2011

st. pats day weekend parade.

Hey everybody…this past weekend was the start of my spring break. I couldn’t really do much because I had surgery on Thursday morning, so I was recuperating most of the time, but I tried to make the best of my weekend. This weekend was the Saint Patrick’s Day parade in Seaside Heights NJ. There was about 30,000 people in attendance and it was a beautiful day for it almost 60 degree weather, and the sun was out for a larger portion of the day.  The floats were very nice; my friend’s father was on the float for the fire fighters.  The children in the crowd really like the Dalmatian that they had sitting on the float.  They even had about hundred bagpiper’s and various marching bands from the surrounding high schools. Although around 2 pm the parade stopped and the crowds got drunker and more obnoxious. The bars have band or bagpipers and offer corned beef and cabbage or hot dogs all day. The police reported the next day that they issued around 1200 tickets, for various things. Like public intoxication, drunk driving, fighting and other minor disturbances. It just shows you that not a lot of people can handle their alcohol or partying for that matter. A nice day and thousands of people with unlimited amounts of alcohol is a dangerous combination. I spent most of my day at the Aztec; my friend’s bands were playing. Tsunami Rising from Philadelphia and Pasadena from Baltimore Maryland.  They are both original and write their own music, not too loud or noisy but they make you want to dance. They the following day the restaurant, The Crabs Claw, in Lavallette had both the bands come in and play acoustic set. The Crabs Claw offered Mimosa and a bloody Mary bar for people to nurse their hangovers with and corned beef and cabbage all day.  Me and my friends and family went there for the brunch and listened to good music. It was a good end to my weekend.  Hopefully I can get cleared by my post op sometime before next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment